A Language of Healing for a Polarized Nation
Creating Safe Environments for Conversations about Race, Politics, Sexuality, and Religion
- Blue Sheep Media
- Publication Date
- 0.0” x 0.0” x 0.0”
Are you tired of all the animosity and vitriol that fill our society at every mention of politics or religion dividing us into two hostile camps on every possible side?
So are we We're looking for others who want to change the dialogue from the rhetoric of polarizing animosity that is destroying the social fabric of our nation to a language of healing, where honest differences don't have to destroy friendships. Then we can seek a broader common ground through mutual respect and compassion.
The Language of Healing will help you learn how to . . .
- See disagreement as an opportunity for growth and discovery.
- Change the temper of a hostile engagement or walk away.
- Share mutual respect even beyond our deepest differences.
- Become a peacemaker in your network of friends and family.
The book is divided into three main sections:
- An Opportune Moment. Why is this a particularly propitious moment to elevate the conversation, at least for the vast majority of Americans who are tired of those who manipulate them through fear and anger?
- Five Practices of a Peacemaker. What kind of conversation can lower the heat and increase the level of communication, especially where we hold significantly different views?
- Operating in Shared Space. Our deeply held views do not have to be subjugated to cooperate with others; we only have to endeavor to make as much space for their views as we want for ours.
The end of each chapter includes three practical suggestions readers can use to practice the language of healing in their own day-to-day interactions.
October 20, 2015
Switch On Your Brain
Dr Caroline Leaf
August 04, 2015
Liz Forkin Bohannon
October 01, 2019
The 5 Love Languages
Gary Dr Chapman
January 01, 2015
Girl, Wash Your Face
February 06, 2018
November 13, 2018