In the Middle of the Mess Study Guide
Strength for This Beautiful, Broken Life
- Buy 20+ and save 35%
- Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date
- 9.0” x 7.3” x 0.5”
In this six-session video-based Bible study (DVD/digital video sold separately), bestselling author Sheila Walsh shares a practical method she has learned for connecting with God and leaning on his strength in the midst of trials. The first step in this process is being vulnerable and welcoming God into the innermost hurt. From that place of honesty, we can begin to form a daily relationship with Christ through confession, prayer, and meditation on Scripture.
As we tap into God's strength and build up a godly community to support us, we are equipped with new spiritual defenses to help us withstand the enemy. We are able to persevere in the midst of challenges and see how God is working through those struggles. Thriving--not merely surviving--becomes our goal, and we find freedom as a child of God who is fully known, fully loved, and fully accepted.
Throughout the study, Sheila bares her heart by sharing the hardened defenses that kept her from being fully known by God--including those that bubbled up after the recent loss of her mother. She reveals how entering into this safe place with God and practicing a daily connection with him has since saved her from the devil's prowling attacks. Participants in the study will learn how to...
- Acknowledge their brokenness and their journey through it
- Form a daily, practical relationship with Jesus that is honest and healing by intentionally using the spiritual practices of confession, prayer, and meditation
- Understand the importance of fostering a small group of friends with whom they can build a safe community and reveal intimate struggles
- Put down the lies they tell themselves and pick up the truth that only God provides
- Speak powerful prayers out loud that kill shame and allow hope to flourish from within
As Sheila says, though we will never be completely -fixed- on earth, we can celebrate the truth that we are being saved continually through Christ.
- Brokenness Is the Beginning
- Discovering Our Authentic Identity
- Daily Practices with God
- Finding a Safe Place on Earth
- Strength for the Battle
- Fully Known, Accepted, and Loved
Designed for use with the In the Middle of the Mess Video Study (sold separately).
Sheila Walsh, Author
Sheila Walsh is a powerful communicator, Bible teacher, and bestselling author with more than five million books sold. She is the author of the award-winning Gigi, God's Little Princess series, Peace for Today, Loved Back to Life, The Storm Inside, Five Minutes with Jesus and The Longing in Me. She is cohost of Life Today with James and Betty Robison. Sheila lives in Dallas, Texas, with her husband, Barry, and son, Christian.
It's Okay Not to Be Okay
October 02, 2018
It's Okay Not to Be Okay
September 03, 2019
In the Middle of the Mess
November 07, 2017
God's Little Princess...
June 04, 2012
Five Minutes with Jesus
August 11, 2015
On Reading Well
Karen Swallow Prior
September 04, 2018