- Lifeway Church Resources
- Publication Date
- 8.8” x 5.5” x 0.4”
Overcomer Bible Study Book includes content for five sessions, personal study between group sessions, applicable Scripture, "How to Use This Study," and tips for leading a group.
Many people feel they are less than who God says they are. We get our identity from our careers, our political positions, our roles in the family, and a number of other lesser things.
However, what is most true about us is that we are made by a God who loves us, and the gospel can bring us into a relationship with Him. When we understand who God is, we more fully understand who we are.
This small group study uses clips from the film Overcomer to examine how we determine our identity and how we can find our true identity in Christ.
1. Who Are You?
2. You Are Broken
3. You Are Chosen
4. You Surrender
5. You Declare
- Five small-group sessions
- Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
- Learn to define yourself as the Creator defines you.
- Understand that false identity comes from your brokenness.
- Trust what Christ accomplished to make you new.
- Find certainty and purpose in the Lord.
- Recognize ways you are finding your identity in something other than Christ.
- Reclaim the good purpose God has for your life.
- Learn what it means to be broken by sin.
- Study the lives of Moses, Gideon, Jonah, Jeremiah, Elisha, Paul, and other biblical figures to learn how their relationships with God defined their identities.
Stephen Kendrick, Author
Alex Kendrick, Author
Alex Kendrick is associate pastor of movie outreach for Sherwood Baptist Church. He is also an actor, writer, and director whose film credits include Facing the Giants, Fireproof, and Courageous. He and his wife, Christina, have six children.
The Love Dare, Leathertouch
January 01, 2013
July 11, 2011
August 06, 2019
October 20, 2015
Free to Focus
April 09, 2019
The Essential Tozer Collection
A. W. Tozer
August 01, 2017