- Lifeway Church Resources
- Publication Date
- 9.4” x 6.9” x 0.4”
Defined Bible Study Book includes content for eight sessions, personal study between group sessions, applicable Scripture, "How to Use This Study," tips for leading a group, a leader guide, and a family-discipleship page.
When you introduce yourself to someone for the first time, you have an opportunity to define yourself. You disclose your name, profession, and interests. These factors help our culture define us, but are those answers enough? People are struggling in ten thousand ways because of identity issues. They can't help but ask, who am I? and why do I matter? Can our culture really provide meaningful answers to those questions, or do we need something deeper and more significant?
Before asking, who am I? we need to be able to answer, who is God? If we can't answer the first question, we will never answer the second. The problem with our search for identity is that we are looking in all the wrong places. Scripture teaches that we are all made in the image of God. We do not define ourselves--the Creator does. We were all created to be known and loved by God. Once those answers are clear, we can move forward and discover all God has called us to be.
1. Uniquely Created by God
2. Uniquely Broken by Sin
3. Transformed by the Gospel
4. Who We Are in Christ
5. What We Have in Christ
6. Living Out Our Identity
7. Walking in the Spirit
8. Walking in Mission
- Videos and session previews featuring Alex and Stephen Kendrick
- Eight small-group sessions
- Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
- Promotional video
- Social-media assets for the group leader
- Answer the questions "Who is God?" and "Who am I?"
- Define yourself by God's standard.
- Learn how sin has uniquely broken you.
- Discover how you can be transformed by the gospel of Christ.
- Understand what it means to be created for good works.
- Develop a deeper appreciation for the Book of Ephesians.
- Learn to walk with Christ in stronger faith and assurance.
- Use the unique way God has gifted and created you to serve others.
- Take hold of the grace available to you in Christ.
- Find purpose and meaning in Christ.
- Define yourself by the Creator's call instead by a cultural identity.
Stephen Kendrick, Author
Alex Kendrick, Author
Alex Kendrick is associate pastor of movie outreach for Sherwood Baptist Church. He is also an actor, writer, and director whose film credits include Facing the Giants, Fireproof, and Courageous. He and his wife, Christina, have six children.
August 06, 2019
The Love Dare, Leathertouch
January 01, 2013
July 11, 2011
October 20, 2015
Love Like You've Never Been...
December 04, 2018
The Five Marks of a Man
October 02, 2018