Nrsv, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Hardcover, Comfort Print
- Buy 20+ and save 35%
- Translation New Living, New Revised Standard
- Bible Portion Complete
- Type Study
- Concordance Yes
- Binding Material Cloth
- Publication Date
- 9.4” x 6.7” x 2.3”
CONTEXT CHANGES EVERYTHING
You've heard many Bible stories hundreds of times, but how many behind-the-scenes details are you missing? Sometimes a little context is all you need to discover the rich meaning behind the stories of Scripture.
For the first time available in the New Revised Standard Version, the award-winning Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, with notes from Dr. John H. Walton (Wheaton College) and Dr. Craig S. Keener (Asbury Theological Seminary), is packed with expert insight into the customs, culture, and literature of the ancient world.
Discover new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar Bible passages as you take a behind-the-scenes tour into the world of the Bible.
Expertly designed for the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) text, Comfort Print(R) delivers a smooth reading experience that complements the foremost Bible translation vetted by Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox, Evangelical, and Jewish scholars. Renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability, the NRSV faithfully serves the church in personal spiritual formation, in the liturgy, and in the academy.
- The text of the New Revised Standard Version (Protestant canon), vetted by an ecumenical pool of Christian academics and renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability
- Exclusive Zondervan NRSV Comfort Print(R) typeface
- Targeted book introductions explain the context in which each book of the Bible was written
- Insightful and informative verse-by-verse study notes reveal new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar passages
- Key Old Testament (Hebrew) and New Testament terms are explained and expanded upon in two helpful reference features
- Over 300 in-depth articles on key contextual topics
- 375 full-color photos, illustrations, and images from around the world
- Dozens of charts, maps, and diagrams in vivid color
- Additional study Bible tools: cross references, a concordance, indexes and other helps
CLOTH FULL COLOR, Author
Craig S. Keener, Editor
Craig S. Keener (PhD, Duke University) is F. M. and Ada Thompson Professor of Biblical Studies at Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, Kentucky. He is the author of more than twenty-five books, including Miracles: The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts, The Historical Jesus of the Gospels, and commentaries on Matthew, John, Acts, Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galatians, and Revelation. Especially known for his work on the New Testament in its early Jewish and Greco-Roman settings, Craig is the author of award-winning IVP Bible Background Commentary: New Testament and the New Testament editor for the NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible.
John H. Walton, Editor
John H. Walton (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College Graduate School. He is the author or coauthor of several books, including Chronological and Background Charts of the Old Testament; Ancient Israelite Literature in Its Cultural Context; Covenant: God's Purpose, God's Plan; The IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament; and A Survey of the Old Testament.
Study Bible-NIV-Personal Size
October 05, 2011
Retrieving Eternal Generation
November 21, 2017
Premium Value Thinline...
February 24, 2015
The Soul of an American...
June 04, 2019
The Baker Illustrated Guide...
John A. Beck
October 03, 2017
CSB Baker Illustrated Study...
Baker Publishing Group
November 06, 2018