- Lifeway Church Resources
- Publication Date
- 9.4” x 7.0” x 0.5”
-How are you?-
In today's busy world, we're wired to appear -fine, - warding off authenticity and shielding ourselves from judgment. We hide behind the hum of busyness to escape intimate friendships with the women God has placed in our lives.
But we do want a seat at the table. We yearn for authentic relationships and the opportunity to be the opposite of -fine- with people who cheer for us. But comparison, envy, and entitlement often stop us from pulling out a chair at the table. Friendship can be hard, making new friends even harder, and maintaining genuine friendship the hardest of all.
In this 7-session Bible study, Lisa-Jo Baker and friends from (in)courage explore our relationship with Jesus as the ultimate model for authentic friendship. Nothing shapes us like the impact of a friend--it's how Jesus radically and intimately connects with us. So instead of chasing perfection, overcome your fear of being known and find the courage to connect.
- Leader helps to guide questions and discussions within small groups
- Personal study segments with homework to complete between 7 weeks of group sessions
- Explore your relationship with Jesus as a model for friendship.
- Debunk the myth of effortless friendship.
- Overcome the fear of knowing and being known.
- Stop running from friendship and find the courage to connect.
CSB (In)Courage Devotional...
Csb Bibles by Holman
October 01, 2018
For All Who Wander
January 14, 2020
Women of Courage
October 08, 2019
It's Okay Not to Be Okay
September 03, 2019
Strong, Brave, Loved
October 01, 2019
The Next Right Thing
Emily P. Freeman
April 02, 2019