What Jesus Demands from the World - Bible Study Book
- Lifeway Church Resources
- Publication Date
- 0.0” x 0.0” x 0.0”
What Jesus Demands from the World Bible Study Book includes a small-group experience for six sessions, individual study, applicable Scripture, and a group discussion guide. It also includes tips for leading a group.
A thoughtful examination of Jesus' demands reveals a compelling yet personal portrait of Jesus Christ in the Scriptures. The four Gospels are filled with demands like "be born again," "love your God," and "lay up treasures." Far from harsh demands originating from a selfish desire to control, Jesus' words are more a clarion call of urgency loving directions for our good and ultimate satisfaction. In fact, what Jesus demands from the world can be summed up as, "Trust and treasure me above all." This is good news
Do you wonder what's next? Has your faith grown stagnant? Is your spiritual walk in a dry season? Are you interested in knowing Jesus more deeply? This study serves as an accessible introduction for thoughtful inquirers and new believers, as well as a refreshing reminder for more mature believers of God's plan for His Son's glory and our good.
Session topics include:
- You Must Be Born Again
- Love God with All Your Heart, Soul, Mind, and Strength
- Love Your Enemies
- Render to Caesar
- Lay Up Treasures in Heaven
- Make Disciples of All Nations
- A small-group Bible Study Book
- 1 DVD with a promotional video and six 12-minute teaching sessions led by author John Piper
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
- Leader tips
- Fresh commentary for personal study segments
- Individual study for personal growth as a disciple
- Gain a deeper understanding of who Jesus is through what He said
- Learn that Jesus is the ultimate satisfaction of our longings and desires
- Know Jesus more by knowing His demands
- Glean insights into the Great Commandment and loving your enemies
- Experience heart-change as a result of Jesus edict to love our enemies
- Get greater understanding of Jesus position on value and priorities within your relationships, finances, and life
John Piper is founder and teacher of DesiringGod.org and chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary. For 33 years, he served as senior pastor at Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota. He grew up in Greenville, South Carolina, and studied at Wheaton College, Fuller Theological Seminary (B.D.), and the University of Munich (D.theol.). For six years, he taught Biblical Studies at Bethel College in St. Paul, Minnesota, and in 1980 accepted the call to serve as pastor at Bethlehem. John is the author of more than 50 books, and more than 30 years of his preaching and teaching is available free at DesiringGod.org. John and his wife, Noel, have four sons, one daughter, and 12 grandchildren.
Brian J. Tabb is assistant professor ofbiblical studies atBethlehem College and Seminaryin Minneapolis, Minnesota and managing editor ofThemelios. He holds a PhD in New Testament from London School of Theology."
John Piper, Author
John Piper is founder and teacher of desiringGod.org and chancellor for Bethlehem College & Seminary in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For 33 years, he pastored Bethlehem Baptist Church. He is author of more than fifty books, including Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist.
The Supremacy of God in...
February 03, 2015
Let the Nations Be Glad!
March 15, 2010
12 Ways Your Phone Is...
April 30, 2017
Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus
August 01, 2008
Don't Waste Your Life
March 31, 2018
October 20, 2015